Voices: Mike Bacidore
The Universal Panel Meter (UPM) series is the culmination of 40 years that Dr. Otto Fest, president and owner of Otek, has dedicated to current loop power. The UPM includes automatic tricolor alphanumeric display and field configurability for analog and digital inputs, data logging and control.Read More
More From This Voice
- Mar 20, 2015Because accuracy and precision come at a price, you need to understand just how accurate and how precise a system needs to be.
- Mar 18, 2015Find out to hit the bull’s-eye with accuracy and precision.
- Mar 13, 2015The Control Design Editorial Advisory Board discusses what’s new with interfaces in terms of limiting/identifying access and more.
- Mar 12, 2015Control choices can vary, sometimes by application or sometimes by engineers’ preferences or expertise.
- Mar 11, 2015Presentations on remaining relevant in business and controls platforms from Siemens Manufacturing in America Symposium.
- Mar 11, 2015The Control Design Editorial Advisory Board discusses how manufacturing facilities can minimize network security risks.
- Mar 11, 2015Siemens Digital Factory president and other speakers address the future at Manufacturing in America Symposium.
- Mar 11, 2015The Control Design Editorial Advisory Board discusses how to bring in Generation Y as more and more of the Baby Boom generation are leaving the industry.
- Mar 11, 2015The Control Design Editorial Advisory Board discusses the state of technology.
- Feb 20, 2015What if you could check on the machines you've built?
- Feb 10, 2015Technology enables OEM access to its machines and the benefits that come with it
- Feb 6, 2015
Infrastructure, capacity and data will be key drivers
- Feb 3, 2015How to make sense of the many options available for ensuring accuracy
- Jan 26, 2015Improvements in machine safety have come about due to changes in attitudes and technology
- Dec 12, 2014
From end effectors and software to machine simulation, it's no small wonder what you can find when no one is looking
- Dec 4, 2014Would Our Future Workers be Robots or Humans?
- Dec 3, 2014
New Department of Energy regulations could change the motors you can buy and how you design machines to accommodate them
- Dec 1, 2014Machine Flexibility, Validation, Data and Reliability are There for the Thinking
- Nov 26, 2014
The first part 3D-printed in space marks the beginning of a new manufacturing frontier
- Nov 24, 2014Tools Such as Google Glass Could Be More Than Meets the Eye
- Nov 18, 2014
Rockwell Automation CEO explains the Connected Enterprise and how domain expertise and context affect business decisions
- Nov 4, 2014Filamatic Chief Electrical Engineer Jack Chopper shares his thoughts at Pack Expo 2014
- Oct 29, 2014With Alternative Solutions Available, Machine Builders and End Users Still Find Plenty of Appeal in Pneumatic Systems
- Oct 27, 2014
Two new Solution Factory facilities added to the increase in intelligence centers
Everything That Rises: The Convergence Between Control Systems and Asset Management Systems Is InevitableOct 24, 2014Sensors Allow us to Keep Watchful Eyes on Any Number of Conditions. And the Opportunities to Equip Machinery With Them Keep Increasing
- Aug 30, 2010Where Do Machine Builders Draw the Line Between Diagnostic Needs and Safety?
- Jul 15, 2010Servo Motors Are Good for a Change: Machine Builders Discuss the Pluses and Minuses of Using Servos
- Jul 1, 2010Protect Your Terminal Blocks: Potential Corrosion and Vibration Impact Which Choice Is Best
- Jun 22, 2010Size and Shape Matter in Material Moving: Doerfer Designs and Builds Innovative Transporter to Move Enormous Loads in Plant Environments
- Apr 7, 2010HMI Plays Role in Diagnostics: Engineers Can't Troubleshoot Problems Without an Operator Interface That Tells Them What's Wrong
- Mar 10, 2010Unnecessary Redundancy?: The Value of the Product or the Critical Nature of the Process Can Warrant It
- Mar 9, 2010Fiberoptic, Wireless Raise Hackles: Connecting Machines to Networks or In-Line Systems Can Be Tricky, Depending on the Media
- Feb 16, 2010Where the Chinese Excel at Producing Things, It's No Secret That the Quality Often Is Horrendous. Their Acceptable Standards Aren't the Same As Those in Western Countries
- Jan 20, 2010Features Depend on the Application: While Harsh-Environment Protection Is Critical, Other Elements Can Be Equally Important
- Jan 5, 2010The Chinese Machine-Building Market Is Like the Giant Elephant in the Middle of the Room; Entering That Market Is No Joke
- Dec 8, 2009Siblings Can Learn to Play Nicely: Companies Are Turning Clashes Into Cooperation Between IT and Manufacturing
- Nov 2, 2009Farm Fresh Machine Automation: An Economic Downturn Normally Offers an Opportunity to Retool and Investigate New Technologies, but This One Is Anything But Normal
- Oct 8, 2009Where Has All the Hardware Gone?: As More and More Mechanical Systems Are Replaced, Is Software the Final Frontier?
- Aug 31, 2009Place-and-Show Corral Full of Thoroughbreds: The Runners-Up in Our Annual Innovator Awards Have Great Stores to Tell
- Aug 6, 2009Whatever Measures You Can Take to Retain Your Workforce, Rather Than Have a Reduction in Force, Are the Right Things to Do
- Aug 4, 2009Organizations That Opt for High-Power PoE Products Are Purchasing Products That Are Not Standards-Based
- Jul 6, 2009Breakthrough 2009: This Year's Recipients Employ New Technology to Make a Difference for Their Customers
- Jun 15, 2009Hydraulic Systems Improved Over the Years Offering Tighter Tolerances and Better Fault-Sensitivity
- Apr 30, 2009Decade-Old Debate Over PC Vs. Dedicated Controller Still Rages
- Mar 30, 2009Control Intelligence Agency Virtual Brigade Member Comments on Results of our Market Intelligence Report
- Feb 19, 2009Embrace the Opportunity to Rise Above the Panic Surrounding Economic Upheaval
- Jan 28, 2009A Machine Automation Supplier Wants Congress to Hold Automakers Accountable for Bailout Financing
- Dec 23, 2008Like Controls Engineering, Americas National Pastime Is a Barometer for Social Change
- Nov 26, 2008Control Intelligence Agency Members Discuss Their Experiences With Motor Starters
- Nov 5, 2008With IT Throwing Gasoline on Its Great Wall of Fire to Keep the Villains Out, Whats a Machine Builder to Do?
- Nov 3, 2008Manufacturing-IT Convergence, Interoperability, Protocols and Standards Have Breakthrough Years
- Oct 20, 2008Energy Chain E4.350 Addresses Many of the Inherent Shortfalls That Come With Steel for Giant Applications
- Oct 2, 2008It Turns Out the OI Isnt as Interoperable with the I/O as the Machine Automation Supplier Said It Would Be
- Aug 28, 2008Wind Energy Joins the Electromechanical Revolution
- Jul 9, 2008Science Philanthropist Mark Gelfand Focuses His Contributions Where Theyre Needed
- Jun 30, 2008Our 2008 Innovator Awards Winner, In the Tradition of Its Predecessors, Adapts Technology In Unique Ways to Bring Big Improvements In Product Quality and Consistency to Its Blow-Molding Machines
- Jun 30, 2008By 2050, We All Will Be Old. This Project Isnt for Us to Complete. Its for the Children, Some of Them Probably Not Even Born Yet
- May 29, 2008In a Free Market Economy, Price Is a Reflection of Supply and Demand
- May 3, 2008This U.S. Government Agency Is Reaching Out to Children All Over the World
- Apr 6, 2008If You Want to Reach Children, You Need to Be Where They Are
- Mar 19, 2008Reduced Waste and Focused Flow of Lean Manufacturing Leads Upstream to the Control Design Stage and Beyond
- Feb 22, 2008Experience in Competitions Has Helped Students Make Decisions About Engineering Careers
- Jan 29, 2008Introduced in 12 New York High Schools a Decade Ago, Project Lead the Ways Curriculum Now Is Offered in Almost Every State