Pneumatics & Hydraulics
An electronic survey of Control Design readers was conducted in August 2013 in order to identify usage and application trends of HMI and industrial PCs among the industrial machine builders that comprise Control Design's readership. In this Market Intelligence Report, you will find detailed survey results with key findings summarized. The survey consisted of the following questions:
1. What is your primary machine motion source?
2. What is your primary reason for choosing hydraulics as all or part of your solution?
3. Are your hydraulic pumps electronically (digitally) controlled?
4. What is the biggest drawback to hydraulics in your applications?
5. Do you use pneumatics for primary power, control components, both, or not primary power, but use to power linear actuators, etc.?
6. What is your primary reason for choosing pneumatics for all or part of your solution?
7. Are your machine pneumatics electronically (digitally) controlled?
8. What is the biggest drawback to pneumatics in your applications?