Siemens was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 21st annual Ford World Excellence Awards. Siemens was presented with a Gold Award by Hau Thai-Tang, Ford chief product development and purchasing officer and Linda Cash, Ford vice president, quality and new model programs.
"Siemens is honored to receive this prestigious award from Ford," said Reinhold Niesing, head of vertical markets automotive, Siemens Digital Industries US. "Automation suppliers are not often recognized in this category so this demonstrates that Siemens is making the right strides in innovation and digitalization delivering improved quality, increased efficiency and shorter time to market."
Honorees were recognized for achievement in 10 categories, including:
- Quality, sustainability, safe and smart categories for suppliers that demonstrate leadership in Ford’s primary brand pillars
- Aligned business framework for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that delivered results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year to honor suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year