STEM Professionals Can Be Rock Stars Too!
The USA Science & Engineering Festival is taking place on April 26-27 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., participate and find out why a career in STEM can be fun, entertaining and education.
This year marks the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival. Why have a Science Festival? Well, society gets what it celebrates! As a culture, we celebrate actors, pop stars and athletes and we generate a lot of them…but we do not celebrate science and engineering – but we should!
Celebrating STEM and its professionals can show future generations how much fun a career in STEM can be. This is just what today's students need to get motivated to join the industry.
This event is analogous to an art, music or food Festival, but it is focused on Science and Engineering. There will be over 3,000 hands-on activities and over 150 stage shows. And -- while having fun -- participants can leave with info about scholarships, internships, jobs and more.
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Dirty Job's Mike Rowe
- Grammy Award winning They Might Be Giants
- MoneyBall's Paul Depodesta
- Miss California and Miss America runner up Crystal Lee
- National Geographic Brain Games Illusionist Apollo Robbins
- Basketball Legend Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- Science Channel's Chris Hackett
- Extreme Athletes: Maya Gabeira, Chris Lieto and Tao Berman
- Design Squad's Nate Ball
- Dancing with the Stars and Wonder Years actress Danica McKellar
- Tech Evangelist David Pogue
- Futurist Michio Kaku
- Curious George, The Cat in the Hat and Sid the Science Kid
- Inspirational Role Models like Travis Mills and Amanda Boxtel
- Cast Members of The Big Bang Theory, House and Breaking Bad
- Nobel Laureates
- NASA and Private Space Flight Astronauts
- Titanic Explorer David Gallo
Learn more at www.usasciencefestival.org