Piezoelectric Flexure Actuators: Expanding Capabilities of Piezo Motion ControlDownload Now
There are a number of mechanisms whose design integrates piezoelectric flexure actuators – plug-and-play subsystems based on solid-state piezo actuators combined with flexure guidance and amplification elements and optional position-feedback sensors.
Some examples are:
- A high-speed head positioner in a hard-disk track profiler
- A sensitive tip/tilt planarization mechanism for a semiconductor wafer chuck
- A dimensionally-stabilized laser cavity
- An active mirror-segment positioner for an advanced telescope
- A fast-actuating nano-focus device in a research microscope, improving our understanding of proteins and DNA and helping to unveil the secrets of disease
In this white paper, Physik Instrumente's outlines how recently-introduced integrated piezoelectric flexure actuators provide an enhanced level of convenience and performance for the OEM designer.