Control Design covers the implementation of automation components and systems in equipment built for manufacturing and industrial processing. Machine builders and system integrators use industrial controls and associated instrumentation and infrastructure to automate the manipulation of physical objects into higher-value assemblies and configurations as well as the processing of raw materials into substances of greater value.
Because automation technologies are often built into finished machines that are purchased and put to use by end users, industrial machine builders (or original equipment manufacturers, OEMs) play an essential role in machine-automation decisions by designing the next generation of machines and systems that deliver new levels of lifecycle performance. They don't use a lot of automation systems and components, but they buy lots of them. Finally, engineering and integration firms are often called upon to execute the design, engineering and integration of manufacturing lines. These professional-services firms are also important influencers in machine-automation decisions.
Control Design's mission for more than 20 years has been to serve the information needs of technical, operational and managerial professionals whose job it is to optimize—through instrumentation, control and automation technology—the performance of machines used in industrial-manufacturing applications.
Control Design Magazine
More than 40,000 subscribers receive the print edition of Control Design magazine for new ideas on how to improve the performance of their manufacturing processes through the application of automation and control technology.
Control Design Website
Each month, more than 30,000 industry professionals turn to ControlDesign.com for the latest news, trends and insights in the machine automation community.
Control Design Podcast
Control Intelligence: A Control Design Podcast goes deep inside the automation and technology that machine builders, system integrators and end users rely on to keep production humming efficiently. Listen to Control Intelligence on Control Design's website or on your favorite podcasting app. Listen now.
Meet the Control Design Team
- Sign up for the Control Design Newsletter, delivered to your inbox every weekday
- Register for our webinars
- Subscribe to Control Design magazine, in print and/or digital
- Keep up with the latest news in machine automation through our News section
- Interested in submitting an article for consideration? View Control Design's editorial guidelines
- Mike Bacidore, editor in chief
- Anna Townshend, managing editor
- Madison Ratcliff, digital engagement manager
- Keith Larson, group publisher
- Greg Zamin, sales representative
- Jeff Mylin, sales representative
- Kurt Belisle, sales representative
- Anetta Gauthier, production manager
Get in touch with us though Control Design's Contact Us Page