An electronic survey of Industrial Networking readers was conducted in August 2013, in order to identify usage and application trends of industrial Ethernet among the magazine's readership.
90% of survey respondents currently recommend, purchase or specify industrial Ethernet equipment.
The following are the most common applications:
- HMI to controller 69%
- Controller to controller 69%
- Machine control 61%
- Maintenance and diagnostics 50%
- Batch/Process control 49%
- Electronic Drives 48%
- Process Safety 36%
- Device-level network 36%
- Machine/Cell safety 34%
- Front-office/enterprise integration 20%
- Building environmental controls 16%
- Physical/Perimeter Security 12%