Acting Treasury Secretary Neal S. Wolin is visiting Chicago today (2/25) to discuss President Barak Obama's proposals to strengthen the middle class. How does he plan on doing this? By making America a magnet for jobs and manufacturing. In order to do this, Obama says every American will need to be equipped with the right skills to do these jobs and ensuring hard work pays off for a decent living. To be able to strengthen and grow our economy, Obama plans on starting with the middle class by investing in manufacturing, clean energy, education and job training in combination with the plan for balanced deficit reduction.
Control Design has been tracking the efforts of Obama and discussing job growth for the last few years now. Here's more coverage on the topic that you may be interested in checking out:
- President Obama Endorses Manufacturing Skills Credentialing System Boosting Manufacturing Jobs Growth
- Manufacturing in the U.S.
- Send Us Your Feedback on the Manufacturing Skills Gap
- Manufacturing Continues to Play Revitalizing Role in U.S. Economy
- Sustainable Sanity
- How to Build a Skilled Workforce
What's your take on Obama's plan to rebuild the middle class? Send us your feedback on the manufacturing skills gap!