Here are 10 reasons for upgrading your legacy machine control system:
10. Increasing failures in the field are stretching your service department to its limits.
9. Fewer parts are available to support and maintain systems
8. The cost of upgrading is less than the cost of repair.
7. The old system can no longer perform its control task.
6. The old system cannot be expanded to perform new tasks.
5. The original vendor no longer supports the controller.
4. Customers want machine data the system cannot provide.
3. New control schemes would provide economic benefits, but the old system can't perform the functions.
2. No one remembers how to configure or change the controls.
1. You're spending too much time on the Internet looking for spare parts.
Do you have any other?