So you took the advice that's been touted for years about all the advantages one will have in the workforce by choosing a career path in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). So where's the best place to actually start your career?
SEE ALSO: Young Professionals Map Careers
Nerdwallet, a personal finance website, recently looked into the best metro areas for STEM grads. They asked three questions:
1. Is there a high demand for those with a STEM Bachelor's degree?
2. Are STEM workers with a Bachelor's degree well paid?
3. Is the local economy doing well?
Here are the top 10 best areas for STEM jobs:
1. San Jose, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara, CA
2. Washington, Arlington and Alexandria - DC, VA, MD, WV
3. Huntsville, AL
4. San Francisco, Oakland and Freming, CA
5. Trenton and Ewing, NJ
6. Boulder, CO
7. Seattle, Tacoma and Bellevue, WA
8. Boston, Cambridge and Quincy - MA, NH
9. Ann Arbor, MI
10. Kennewick, Pasco and Richland, WA
For information on percentage of total jobs that require a STEM BA degree or higher, average salary for jobs requiring a STEM BA or higher, unemployment rates, average salary jobs in these states and more, visit: Co.Exist.