Bosch Rexroth launched the ctrlX developR Challenge contest to invite the creation of innovative new applications and programs that take advantage of the advanced capabilities of the company’s ctrlX CORE automation control system.
The international idea and developer competition is open to all participants who register by December 31, 2021, and whose application is accepted by the competition’s judges. The application includes personal details as well as a short description of their concept and which of the five contest conceptual categories their proposed project fits into:
- Simplify engineering — new ideas to connect complex processes, systems and applications and make them quicker, simpler and easier to operate;
- Extend and connect — ways to build on the existing ctrlX Automation infrastructure in the cleverest, most creative and most useful way;
- Smarten up automation — AI-type applications or solutions that teach systems to think, work and play independently and without supervision;
- Empower the user — innovative concepts covering applications ranging from human-computer interaction and mobile automation and robotics to projects with a positive influence on society and our planet;
- Create your own — break the mold and creatively journey outside the box with ideas for a completely new application that go beyond the given categories.
“This contest is more than a hackathon,” said Dave Cameron, director of sales for automation and electrification at Bosch Rexroth Corp. “It is the perfect opportunity to bring together the biggest, most diverse array of talents with the most versatile, open and powerful system available on the market. Our common goal: to create innovative ideas that evolve into solutions and solutions into projects.”
Applications will be evaluated in January 2022 and contest participants will be selected by February. The participants will receive a complete developR Challenge Kit, which includes the latest version of Rexroth’s ctrlX CORE controller hardware and software, as well as additional application authoring software.
Contest participants will also be provided with Bosch Rexroth mentors to help answer questions and provide specific, project-related suggestions on ways to fulfill their conceptual ideas, as well as support from other members of the ctrlX World automation community.
During the entire challenge, there will be continuous communication between the participants and Bosch Rexroth via social media. The development and implementation phase runs through April 30, 2022, after which the contest finalists will be selected to participate in an online pitch event to an industry jury, who will select the competition’s winners.
Applications must be completed by December 31, 2021, to be eligible and applicants need to meet all conditions of participation to become contestants. For more information on the Bosch Rexroth ctrlX developR Challenge and to apply, visit https://apps.boschrexroth.com/microsites/ctrlx-automation/en/ctrlx-developr-challenge/.