The Control System Integrators Association (CSIA) had a record-breaking 599 system integration industry professionals from 16 different countries at its Executive Conference in San Francisco from Apr. 24–27.
The conference featured 26 workshops and sessions, as well as several special events including the third annual CSIA Fun Run/Walk, area tours, the annual Industry Expo and the Awards Dinner.
A two-day Best Practices Training workshop was held immediately preceding the conference to learn about the application of the principles behind CSIA’s Best Practices and Benchmarking manual, which in turn lays the groundwork for CSIA’s certification program. The organization’s 2019 conference will be held Apr. 30—May 3 in Asheville, North Carolina.
During the annual Awards Dinner at the Executive Conference, CSIA recognized five organizations and individuals for their contributions to the system integration industry.
- A&E Engineering, Greer, South Carolina, United States, was named 2018 Integrator Company Member of the Year.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Vernon Hills, Illinois, was recognized as 2018 Partner Company Member of the Year.
- The 2018 Rising Star award was presented to John Binion, PE, Hargrove Controls + Automation, Mobile, Alabama.
- The Social Responsibility Award was presented to MR Systems, Norcross, Georgia.
- Luigi De Bernardini, Autoware, S.R.L., Vincenzo, VI, Italy, received the 2018 Charlie Bergman Award.