Dataforth Corporation, a spin-off from Burr-Brown Corporation, was founded in 1984 in Lee Payne's garage. Thirty-five years later, the company is a leader in instrument-class industrial electronics with two Tucson, AZ, locations and more than 2,000 products.
"The first product offered by Dataforth was a Limited Distance Modem," said Payne. "This was followed by the SCM5B series of signal conditioners." The 5B is still its top seller.
To celebrate Dataforth’s anniversary, an interactive timeline of the company’s history will debut on its website in the beginning of May. Approximately 7 years of history will be added to the timeline each month from May through September.
Dataforth products and solutions are used worldwide, sold and supported by a network of over 130 representatives and distributors.
To date, Dataforth product lines include:
- SCM5B Isolated Analog Signal Conditioning Modules
- SCM7B Isolated Process Control Signal Conditioning Modules
- SensorLex 8B Isolated Miniature Signal Conditioning Modules
- SCM9B Isolated Intelligent Signal Conditioning Modules
- MAQ20 Data Acquisition System
- ReDAQ Shape Software for MAQ20
- IPEmotion Software for MAQ20
- 8B isoLynx SLX300 Data Acquisition System
- ReDAQ Shape Software for SLX300
- SCM5B isoLynx SLX200 Data Acquisition System
- SCMD Isolated Digital I/O Modules
- DSCA High Performance DIN Isolated Analog Signal Conditioning Modules
- DSCL and DSCP Loop Isolators and Transmitters
- DSCT Din Rail Mount Two-Wire Transmitters
- Data Communication Line Drivers and Converters