Essentials of emergency stop switches (E-STOPS)
Emergency stops and safety systems are required on just about every automated machine and piece of equipment on the factory floor. The e-stop function is actuated by intended human operation to avert an actual or imminent emergency situation due to the behavior of personnel or from an unexpected hazardous event.
Fortunately, it is getting easier to make sure e-stops comply with the standards dictated by region and industry. In the United States, these include Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules. In Europe and China, CE marks and China Compulsory Certificate (CCC) marks, respectively, certify compliance with relevant health and safety regulations. Learn more in this Essentials Guide.
- Increasing the safety of machinery
- Robust E-Stop switches protect the toughest applications
- Technology ensures fail-safe operations in E-STOPS
- Form, fit and function of E-STOPS
- Resetting and redundancy are intended