For controls engineers who are faced with PLCs that have exhausted their capabilities and are driving up costs, the easyE4 can help to reduce assembly times and machine costs. This next-generation series of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is designed to provide fast Ethernet communication and high flexibility in programming structured text (ST) applications.
The easyE4 is a globally rated nano PLC ideal for lighting, energy management, industrial control, irrigation, pump control, HVAC and home-automation applications. The technology is Eaton’s newest nano PLC, which are the smallest PLCs available incorporating advanced functionality.
A range of features allows the PLC to support flexible control systems that are efficient and effortless to implement.
The compact easyE4 is engineered with 12 input/output (I/O) receptacles and can be expanded with up to 11 expansion devices to support networks containing up to 188 I/O points.
After the easyE4 is installed, an intelligent front-panel display can be customized with color backgrounds for alarms and start graphics for convenient on-site visualization. System changes can also be accomplished through the PLC’s front-panel programming to eliminate the need to change wiring and minimize downtime.
For simplified configuration and maintenance, the easyE4 can be connected to any human-machine interface (HMI) with additional access to the PLC Web server through any standard browser.
Additionally, the PLC includes four programming languages; supports complex functions such as counter, edge and timer-controlled interrupt; and allows users to create customized function blocks.
The easyE4 nano PLC’s core features include:
- maximum flexibility, with up to 11 local expansion modules per base unit
- 188 available inputs/outputs within a single easyE4 system provide coverage for a broad range of applications
- a compact product with a large voltage range (dc, ac and uc)
- base units with different voltage types can be combined as required by means of the available expansion modules, which makes handling the easyE4 devices even more effortless
- the integrated Ethernet interface allows for a broad range of communication options
- a user-friendly programming environment with four programming languages (ST, function block diagram (FBD), ladder diagram (LD) and event-driven programming (EDP)) to choose from
- various display and visualization options, the integrated display,
Web server and Ethernet options make visualization on mobile devices possible
- the integrated micro SD card facilitates data logging and customized startup displays
- display with three background colors (red, green, white) for visualization of different device statuses
- real-time clock and Ethernet services ensure highly precise date and time indication
- the interrupt function enables fast event recognition and rapid response times.
The controller supports multiple ac/dc voltages (12-240 V). The base unit includes four digital fast-reacting inputs, four analog or digital inputs and four relay or transistor outputs. The easyE4 nano PLC provides an Ethernet interface for different communication options, such as Modbus TCP and Ethernet. The easySoft software is used to program easy controllers and displays, and it speaks your language. It provides circuit diagram input, editing and the diagrams can be displayed in the format desired. An integrated off-line simulation tool allows users to test a circuit diagram before commissioning.