Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire Chicago-based distributor Machine Tool Technology – 21, Inc. (MTT-21) into its operations. MTT-21 distributes CNC machine tools, such as Kitamura.
“This acquisition combines the global resources of our company with the capabilities and excellent local reputation of MTT-21," said Steve Ortner, Absolute president. "It is evidence of Absolute Machine Tools’ dedication to Illinois and Wisconsin manufacturers, and also confirms the company’s strength in a down market.”
With the merger, Absolute has added more machine tool professionals to its Midwest Technical Center in Elgin, Ill. New personnel includes the following:
- Mark Ulanov, president and owner of MTT-21, Inc. who has more than 30 years of machine tool sales experience and market knowledge;
- Rob Grimm, who has 25 years at MTT-21 and more than 30 years of machine tool applications and service experience including extensive work in turnkey packages, installation projects, training and demonstrations;
- Dave Marzullo, who has more than 25 years of machine tool sales experience at MTT-21 and more than 30 years industry experience overall;
- Andrey Avakov, who has worked in machine tool sales at MTT-21 for four years;
- Todd Romeiser, who was recently MC Machinery’s (Mitsubishi’s U.S. EDM headquarters) national sales manager for milling and turning and has more than 20 years of experience in EDM applications and sales management. He also spent time at Sodick, Tornos, ONA and AgieCharmilles.
“We are happy to add these industry veterans to our team to better serve our customers in Illinois and Wisconsin,” Ortner added.