To mark International Women’s Day today, March 8, women leaders from the world of energy will share their stories to inspire young women and girls to persevere with their personal and professional aspirations. The World Woman Hour online event premiers on Facebook Watch and LinkedIn Live today at 1 PM EST and will then be available on demand.
The five female energy leaders featured include:
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO and Special Representative of the U.N. Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy;
- Sophie Borgne, Senior Vice President Digital Power at Schneider Electric;
- Bhavani Amirthalingam, Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Information Officer at U.S. energy company Ameren;
- Zanélle Dalglish, Sustainable Development and Training Academy Director for Schneider Electric in Southern Africa;
- Angie Redondo Herrera, Digital Marketing Specialist at Schneider Electric and recent winner of Schneider’s annual GoGreen student competition.
“Women are underrepresented in STEM fields, so with the World Woman Foundation, we aim to shine a light on the positive contribution women are making in the world of energy today,” said Charise Le, Chief Human Resources Officer at Schneider Electric. “We continue to challenge gender stereotypes and inequality to foster a gender-balanced workplace and #BreakTheBias.”
The World Woman Foundation is a global community of 15,000 members committed to scaling and accelerating the impact of women and girls through long-term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. During the last five years, it has built a network of 300 change-makers and 55,000 Global Mentorship Program graduates in 20 countries.